Bed bugs are flat, reddish-brown, oval insects up to 4 to 5 mm long or the size of an apple seed. They are normally swollen and reddish after a blood meal.
Bed bugs only feed on blood. Under cool conditions, bed bugs have been able to survive up to a year without a meal. They prefer to be more active at night when the host is asleep.
Bed bugs are found in cracks and crevices, including mattress seams, sheets, furniture, behind baseboards, electrical outlet plates and picture frames. Often found in hotels, where they can travel from room to room and in visitors’ luggage or other personal belongings such as purses and briefcases.
- Remove all clutter from your home, which makes finding bed bugs easier.
- Wash and dry your bed linens on the hottest temperature permitted.
- Closely inspect any second-hand furniture before bringing it in your home.
- Inspect your home after moving, trips, service calls or overnight guests.
- A pest control professional should be contacted for assistance.
For more information on how your business can benefit by the services of ORKIN Panama, request a free consultation today. Let us work with you to develop a customized pest control program. ¡Contact us today!